What is a cookie and what is it for?
A “Cookie” is a small file that is stored on the user’s computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device with navigation information.
All of users’ “cookies” help us to improve the quality of our website, allowing us to control which pages are useful, which are not, and which are can be improved.
Cookies are essential for the proper operation of the Internet and bring countless advantages to the provision of interactive services by facilitating the navigation and usability of our website.
Under no circumstances can cookies damage your computer. By contrast, the fact that they are active helps us to identify and resolve errors.
What types of cookies do we use?
According to the entity that manages them:
- Our own cookies: Are sent to your device from our own equipment or domains and from which we provide the service you request.
- Third-party cookies: Are sent to your device from a device or domain that is not managed by us, but by another collaborating entity. Such as, for example, those used by social networks, or by external content such as Google Maps.
According to how long they remain activated:
- Session cookies: They are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website, so none is recorded on the hard drive of your computer. The information obtained by means of these cookies are used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. In the long run, this allows us to provide a better experience to improve the content and make it easier to use.
- Persistent cookies: they are stored on the hard disk and our website reads them every time you make a new visit. A permanent website has a certain expiration date. The cookie will cease to function after that date. These cookies are generally used by us to facilitate purchase and registration services.
According to their purpose:
- Technical cookies: Are necessary for the navigation and the good functioning of our web page. They allow, for example, the control of traffic and data communication, access to restricted parts, carrying out the purchase process of an order, the use of security elements, storage of content in order to be able to broadcast videos or share content through social networks.
- Customisation cookies: Are those that allow you to access the service with predefined characteristics based on a series of criteria, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, and so on.
- Analysis cookies: Allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the services provided. In order to do this, your navigation on our website is analysed in order to improve the range of products and services we offer.
- Advertising cookies: Allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that could be included in our web page.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These cookies store information about user behaviour obtained through continuous observation. Thanks to them, we can know your browsing habits on the Internet and show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
How can you set or disable your cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer via your browser settings. If you do not allow cookies to be installed on your browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
At the following links you have at your disposal all the information to configure or disable your cookies in each browser:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)
- Chrome for Android